The Interior Chemical Dependency Office for Integrated Recovery in Kamloops, British Columbia is a private, outpatient medication-assisted chemical dependency clinic, where we provide both Methadone and Suboxone office based treatment for opiate dependency. This clinic specializes in dual diagnosis addiction and mental health as well as other medical conditions associated with substance use, treating patients in an integrated manner with respect to mental health, addiction, and pain.
We treat patients addicted to opiates – these may be prescription pain medication (such as T3’s, Percocet, oxycocodone and morphine) but may also be street drugs (such as heroin and Fentanyl). We also treat addiction to alcohol, anxiety medication, marijuana, crystal meth, and cocaine. Along with medication-assisted treatment, ICDO provides group therapy, SMART Recovery, cognitive behavior therapy, and encourages 12 Step Programs to support people in recovery. Group therapy and one-on-one counselling appointments are available with our on site counsellor.
ICDO is a private medical clinic which is not publicly funded and has a monthly clinic fee. This fee may be subsidized for eligible patients. A physician referral may be requested in order to have a consultation with one of our addiction physicians.
To alleviate barriers in accessing outpatient treatment, ICDO’s range of services includes telehealth to rural communities. The list of ICDO clients extends to provincial correctional facilities. Additional fees may be applicable for telehealth services.
The Interior Chemical Dependency Office is committed to improving the lives of individuals living with the devastating effects of alcohol and drug addiction and lessening the adverse impact on families. We recognize the important role that families and community play in recovery. We actively seek family involvement as part of the treatment process. Our commitment is to evolve partnerships with other addiction services, including 12 Step programs and SMART Recovery.
What We Offer
- A complete biopsychosocial history upon intake
- A consultation interview with an addiction physician
- Physical examination and appropriate laboratory testing
- Supervised urine drug testing
- An individualized treatment plan
- One-on-one and group counselling for addiction and/or mental health
- Regular medical follow up for substance related medical issues
- Treatment of mental health issues such as depression and anxiety
- Relapse prevention, including medication where appropriate
- Regular in-house SMART Recovery meetings
Simply put, we treat addiction to save lives.
Because addiction treatment involves physical, mental, emotional and spiritual transformation, ICDO confidently adheres to the biopsychosocial model of addiction treatment. Addiction medicine is about more than writing a prescription, it is about providing high quality, safe addiction care. Appropriate use of medications allows one’s life to stabilize so that patients can focus less on cravings and more on recovery. Integrated recovery also involves medical management of other conditions associated with addiction – depression, anxiety, insomnia, Hep C, low endocrine hormones – which, when combined with mutual self-help and counselling, forms the cornerstone of one’s sobriety.
Vision, Mission, Values
Our team of professionals are innovators in the field of Addiction Medicine, empowering our patients to achieve fulfillment in their lives by eliminating chemical dependency, reducing pain and suffering, improving mental health and restoring resiliency.
We endeavor to bring Addiction Medicine treatment into mainstream medicine to eradicate stigma surrounding addiction through education and advocacy so that patients can receive high quality care without judgment and stigma.
- We will endeavor to improve the quality of life for our patients.
- We will treat addiction and mental health issues according to evidence-based, safe practices while minimizing the burden of medication.
- We will work compassionately with patients to exceed their perceived limitations and disabilities, eliminate harmful behaviours and replace them with healthy living.
- We will provide a supportive environment in which people sharing similar problems can work together toward recovery from addiction and mental health.
Our Core Values
- Healing the Body, Mind, Spirit
- Profession, Corporate and Community Responsibility
- Cutting edge